PROPERTIES: Relaxing and strengthening.
Ideal for meditation and calming. Helps soothe fear and anxiety. Anti-aging, wrinkle fighter.
Popular Uses of Frankincense Essential Oil
- Rub Frankincense on your hands after a long day of gardening or working to promote joint health.
- Can help promote youthful, radiant–looking skin and slow the signs of aging by reducing the appearance of skin imperfections.
- Can be applied to the bottoms of feet to relax and balance mood swings.
- Dry weather can take a toll on your nails. Try applying a drop of Frankincense to strengthen weak fingernails.
- Clear confusion by diffusing throughout the home, adding a dab to the shirt collar, or massaginge behind the ears.
- Add a drop to steaming water, place a towel over your head, and inhale until the steam stops. Massage into the pads of feet and the toes for mood support.
BLENDS WITH: myrrh, black pepper, jasmine
SOURCE: Gum resin
EXTRACTION: steam distillation
This essential oil is of the finest quality and stringently tested and certified as 100% pure and organic.
Can be used in vaporizer, diffuser, bath or mix with carrier oil for massage.
For massage, blend 10 drops of essential oil with 20ml of a base carrier oil.
Anti-Aging and Wrinkle Fighter
Frankincense essential oil is a powerful astringent, meaning it helps protect skin cells. It can be used to help reduce acne blemishes, the appearance of large pores, prevent wrinkles, and it even helps lift and tighten skin to naturally slow signs of aging. The oil can be used anywhere where the skin becomes saggy, such as the abdomen, jowls or under the eyes. Mix six drops of oil to one ounce of unscented oil and apply it directly to the skin. Be sure to always do a small patch area test first to test for possible allergic reactions.
Scar, Wound, Stretch Mark or Acne Remedy
Frankincense oil can help with wound healing and may decrease the appearance of scars. It may also help reduce the appearance of dark spots caused from acne blemishes, stretch marks, eczema and help with healing of surgical wounds. Mix two to three drops of oil with an unscented base oil or lotion and apply directly to skin. Be careful not to apply it to broken skin, but it’s fine for skin that’s in the process of healing.
Natural Cold or Flu Medicine
Next time you have a respiratory infection from a cold or flu, use frankincense essential oil to help provide relief from coughing. It can help eliminate phlegm in the lungs. It also acts as an anti-inflammatory in the nasal passages, making breathing easier, even for those with allergies or asthma. Add a few drops to a cloth and inhale for the respiratory benefits or use an oil diffuser.
Helps Relieve Inflammation and Pain
To improve circulation and lower symptoms of joint pain or muscle pain related to conditions like arthritis, digestive disorders and asthma, try massaging frankincense oil to the painful area or diffusing it in your home. You can add a drop of oil to steaming water and soak a towel in it, then place the towel on your body or over your face to inhale it to decrease muscle aches. Also diffuse several drops in your home, or combine several drops with a carrier oil to massage into your muscles, joints, feet or neck.